This Raspberry & Dark Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream is a seriously creamy, tart-sweet ice cream that’s beckoning to be made this summer. Not to mention, coconut and raspberry combo is dreamy! Add in the dark chocolate, and I’ve found my place of bliss.
This ice cream is dreamy. It’s:
If you are a smoothie fan, then this ice cream is right up your alley. Adding the coconut cream turns your average super healthy frozen fruit smoothie into a heavenly creamy dessert.
This Raspberry & Dark Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream is dairy-free and vegan friendly (if you choose vegan chocolate). You can use fresh or frozen raspberries, but I opted for fresh since they are so good right now!
The beautiful thing about making ice cream in an ice cream maker is you can eat it right away in that perfect, soft-serve state. But leave it a few more hours in the freezer and it scoops up beautifully.
|Prep Time: 2 mins|
|Cook Time: 30 mins|
|Total Time: 32 mins|
- 2 (13.66 oz) cans full fat Thai coconut milk1 cup granulated organic sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 6 ounces raspberries
- Place the coconut milk, sugar, and vanilla in a blender. Blend until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Freeze using an ice cream maker, according to manufacture’s instructions. During the last few minutes of churning, add in the chocolate chips, raspberries, and coconut. You can serve immediately for a soft serve texture or you can place the ice cream in a container and freeze for a firmer texture.
My favorite is to make it with chopped dark chocolate chunks instead of chocolate chips!