Smoothies are my frequent post-gym or long run meal. Whether it is for breakfast or dinner, this smoothie fills my craving and keeps me full. When a friend asked me for my favorite smoothie for after a workout, this smoothie came right to mind. I make it a few times every week.
Eating protein after a good working helps your muscles recover and grow. Your muscles don’t care if the protein comes from peanut butter, Greek yogurt, or whey protein – so why not combine them all?!
Toss in a little spinach because you can never have enough greens (perfect way to add vegetables in for breakfast!) and a banana for a quick recovery! When you eat a banana with some protein, the simple carbohydrates in the banana give your body the energy it needs to start immediately utilizing the protein for muscle recovery.
|Prep Time: 5 mins|
|Total Time: 5 mins|
|Yield: 1 smoothie|
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 banana
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup Chobani plan greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/4-1/2 cup coconut water (I start with 1/4 and add as needed)
- 1 cup or handful ice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend together until smooth. Add more coconut water if needed.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 400
- Protein: 42