Smoothies are one of my favorite post-workout snacks or meals, because I know I can pack in a ton of nutrition with very little time and effort.
This smoothie is perfect for after a workout, because it keeps me full, and is packed with recovery supporting protein, tons of greens, and the freshness of basil!
Since your muscles don’t really care where the protein actually comes from, you can experiment with a form that’s easiest for you – and easy for your tastebuds!
This smoothie uses unflavored protein powder, Greek yogurt and chia seeds for protein. Plus it’s packed with a ton of greens for nutrition and flavor, and banana for potassium and filling you up! It also has pineapple and a bit of honey, to add sweetness. And of course, basil!
Bananas + protein are a post-workout match made in heaven, because the simple carbs from the banana give your body the immediate energy hit it needs, leaving the protein available to be used for recovery and muscle growth.
You’re going to love this recipe!
|Prep Time: 5 mins|
|Total Time: 5 mins|
|Yield: 1 smoothie|
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 medium banana
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups baby kale
- 1/4 cup basil, tightly packed
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup coconut water (start small and add as needed)
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 scoop of your favorite unflavored protein powder
- 1/4 cup Chobani plan greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey, if you need some sweetness
- crushed ice (optional)
- Add all the ingredients together in a blender, and blend, adding more coconut water if you need to get the right consistency.