Believe it or not, cooked pineapple, basil, and lime are a gorgeous flavor combo, and this dish is ready quick! I think it goes best with spicy food as a side, but you could always add some shrimp, chicken or tofu to make it a meal in itself.
Why I Love this Pineapple Lime Rice
I’m sure there are plenty of people out there who would agree with me, the best things in life are sweet.
But to be honest? I also like it when they’re simple.
And that’s where this gorgeous pineapple lime brown rice comes in. The pineapple adds the perfect level of sweetness that doesn’t overpower your palette.
It’s also simple. Making this isn’t going to take up a ton of your time, so you can focus on enjoying life!
The flavors remind me of beach life, enjoying sunsets and salt air, with sand between my toes and simple healthy dinners.
Even better? This rice dish is simple – as the title suggests!
I recommend enjoying this rice dish with something spicy – Thai food is a great choice, but anything with a nice kick to it offsets the sweetness of the pineapple.
|Prep Time: 10 mins|
|Cook Time: 40 mins|
|Total Time: 50 mins|
- 2 cups brown jasmine rice, uncooked (can sub for another type of rice, but you’ll need to adjust your rice cooking accordingly).
- 2 to 3 limes (if they’re fairly large, 2 will do!)
- 1 whole fresh pineapple
- 1/4 tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or basil
- Rinse and drain 2 cups of brown jasmine rice, and cook according to instructions. I use a rice cooker, cook with a bit of kosher salt, and add more water than suggested for rice that’s a bit softer and mushier.
- While the rice cooks, slice the pineapple into evenly sized chunks, leaving the core. Dice the pineapple further.
- Juice the limes and wash and tear the basil or cilantro.
- In a large bowl, mix the diced pineapple, lime juice, and cilantro/basil. Add salt to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Calories: 369