Coconut Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough Ice Cream. I thought about shortening the title because I hear it’s not good to have long titles in the food blogging world, but then I realized I couldn’t let go of any part of it because every part churns together to create a creamy coconut bliss with the divine indulgence of dark chocolate.
coconut. dark chocolate. cookie dough. ice cream.
Better yet, this ice cream is dairy-free and vegan friendly (if you choose vegan chocolate). Oh, but I’m not done yet. The cookie dough is healthy, yes I said healthy. I really did not believe a healthy AND delicious cookie dough could exist until I tried the cookie dough balls from Oh She Glows.
|Prep Time: 30 mins|
|Cook Time: 30 mins|
|Total Time: 1 hour|
- 2 (13.66 oz) cans full fat Thai coconut milk
- 3/4 cup granulated organic sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Oh She Glows Cookie Dough Balls (minus the salt)
- Place the coconut milk, sugar, and vanilla in a blender. Blend until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Freeze using an ice cream maker, according to manufacture’s instructions. During the last few minutes of churning, add in the chopped chocolate and coconut. You can serve immediately for a soft serve texture or you can place the ice cream in a container and freeze for a firmer texture.
For this recipe I used Oh She Glows version III of her Cookie Dough Balls, but omit the salt or only do a small pinch! http://ohsheglows.com/2011/03/18/chocolate-chip-cooke-dough-blizzard/